Naomi Watts claimed that she lost 75% of her brainpower while nursing her 2nd child and I believe her! I have days where I feel like I have completely lost my marbles. I can't be organized, or remember anything no matter how hard I try.
![]() |
| I sware this is probably what I look like most of the time |
Here is just an overview of my last week:
Sunday- went shopping at HEB, left my wallet and i-phone in the cart in the parking lot and didn't realize it for 5 hours. Thank the Lord an honest person found it and turned it in.
Monday- Went through the normal morning routine with the girls, drove up to their preschool only to find it closed for the Holiday. Had no freaking idea! Thank goodness my cousin Courtney is a teacher, had the day off and lives right down the street. She kept Ava for a few hours while Brynn and I went in to the office to take care of a few things. Thanks sweet cousin!
Wednesday- Getting the girls in the car and Brynn is having a fit about getting in her car seat so I reluctantly let her play with my germy keys just to calm her down. Close her door and walk around to the other side to let Ava in and here "beep beep" no she didn't! Yep, she did. Brynn locked us out of the car and I haven't been able to find my spare keys in months! I look in the car thinking maybe if she's still playing with them she'll hit the button again. Nope, she's already thrown the keys down and is happily sucking down her bottle. I ran in the house like a crazy woman emptying drawers and old purses all over the floor looking for my spare keys. Luckily I found them and off we went.
As I'm leaving work, my friend Laura who is also nursing (and pumps at work) comes running to my desk with her bottle cooler in hand. I had taken her milk cooler out of the fridge instead of mine and left her my bottle cooler with Brynn's milk. Given that her baby is allergic to everything under the sun, that could have been a disaster, not to mention somehwhat disgusting. sigh.....our bags are now labled of course :)
One day a month or so ago after I dropped off the girls at school and was headed to work, I realized that I had forgotten to put on a bra. WTF?? How does one forget such a thing? I felt naked all day, but had a nice cardigan sweater to cover up.
The week aint over yet folks!..... The good news is I haven't forgotten my children anywhere, and my dogs are fine.
My goal is to make it to a year, as I did with Ava.....I may lose a few more marbles along the way (pounds would be nice too) but according to the AAP and the world health organization, it'll be all worth it in the end. :) My girls will both be healthy and smart as a whip and I'll be a drooling idiot but that's okay!


1 comment:
You are awesome for making it this far!! Congrats!
Post a Comment