Thursday, February 3, 2011

We got sick bombed for Christmas

That's right we got hit with a highly contagious stomach virus for Christmas.  Steve's started the night before Christmas eve and we spent the morning of Christmas Eve in urgent care with him.  He was not only vomiting but had a terrible headache.  Our doc was a little concerned about the headache so he sent us in to be checked out.   Luckily it wasn't anything serious, but the next day was Christmas day and Ava basically did the once over on her Presents from Santa, said "mommy I too tired to play" and crawled up into my lap. Steve took her for a few minutes and she puked all over him.  So needless to say Christmas day was a very sad day in our house.  We missed all of our family festivities and visits and Ava clung to me like a baby monkey all day.  When she has a fever and feels bad she only wants mommy. 

With me being pregnant we were sooo worried I would end up sick next, but somehow I escaped the sick bomb.  Good news is everyone was feeling much better by the next day.

Here is my little buggy sleeping through her fever

I'm looking a little rough but keep in mind with two sickies in the house I hadn't had a wink of sleep for 2 days.  A mothers work is never done...

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thank goodness you didn't get sick b/c, as you know, we never get sick days either! Sorry your Christmas day was so rough. But that pic of you and Ava is incredibly sweet.