Wednesday, November 26, 2008

4 months old

Ava is 4 months old today! We had her 4 month check up yesterday and saw another pediatrician. Apparently ours has gone part time and was booked through January. We really liked this pediatrician though. She was great and said Ava is growing beautifully. Ava was playing jump jump jumparoo in our laps and was very talkative and happy. Her new stats:
12lbs 4.5oz
24 1/2 inches
15 3/4 head circ.
Her shots were not bad at all and she took them like a champ. In fact she didn't even start crying until after the nurse was already finished with the shots. This time she only had two shots (one in each leg) and an oral vaccine which she loved. Steve was able to go this time and was glad that it wasn't as bad as we expected. I loved having him there with me and I know Ava did too since she was jumping around in his lap in the waiting room and then burying her head into his chest after her shots. She loves her daddy.

Afterwards we went out to Courtney's to help her out with baby Trent. He is a little jaundiced so he has to sleep on a light. I think it turned out to be a little blessing in disguise because the first night home she had problems getting him to sleep in his bassinet, he was just like Ava and only wanted to sleep right next to mommy where it was warm and cozy and food was nearby. The light keeps him warm and cozy and the sound of the motor going is good white noise so he sleeps very peacefully in there. He ended up sleeping most of the time so it was more like Court helping me with Ava who was a bit fussy from her shots. We finally got her down for a nap later in the afternoon and then I got to focus on Trent for a little bit before I left. I'm not sure I was much help but hopefully it was nice just to have some company! Court said "Ava you are more work than the 5 day old!" haha. We can only imagine what we are in for when she is mobile! look out Biscuit and Magnum!




<-Zonked out after a long day at the mall

No comments: