This week Ava can roll over! Of course she was able to do this last week and started trying the week before but this is the first week she mastered the full rollover! Yay for Ava!! She loves to roll over but once she's on her tummy she starts grunting and fussing because she can't roll back over. Today I had her sitting in her bouncy seat and turned away for a minute only to look back and find Ava with her mouth wide open while Biscuit licked her in the mouth...yuck!! Didn't phase Ava a bit. As I mentioned before she just LOVES Biscuit and ejoys watching her and blowing raspberries at her. Biscuit has realized that having this baby around isn't so bad because every time she spits up, it gives Biscuit something to lick up off the floor. She's enjoying her new job as the spit up cleaner.
We started "sleep training" Ava this week to take naps in her crib unassisted. It has been very hard on mommy to hear her cry and not run to her, but she is doing a little better each day. Today she took a good solid nap and didn't cry too long at all. I went in there at one point to roll her over since she was "stuck" on her tummy. When she saw me she broke out into a big smile and thought I was there to rescue her. It just killed me to leave the room after that. Of course in 5 minutes she was asleep. One thing that makes it a little easier on mommy is the big smile I get when I go to get her up from her nap. I get big smiles and lots of raspberries and coos.
One other new development this week. She finally has enough hair for a bow! Yay Ava!!
Casper is still enjoying all of his new beds that came with Baby AvaWe started "sleep training" Ava this week to take naps in her crib unassisted. It has been very hard on mommy to hear her cry and not run to her, but she is doing a little better each day. Today she took a good solid nap and didn't cry too long at all. I went in there at one point to roll her over since she was "stuck" on her tummy. When she saw me she broke out into a big smile and thought I was there to rescue her. It just killed me to leave the room after that. Of course in 5 minutes she was asleep. One thing that makes it a little easier on mommy is the big smile I get when I go to get her up from her nap. I get big smiles and lots of raspberries and coos.
One other new development this week. She finally has enough hair for a bow! Yay Ava!!

No comments:
Post a Comment