At 14 weeks Ava is able to recognize mommy and daddy and gets really excited when she see's one of us. The most notable is daddy though since she's always been excited to see mommy :) When she sees Steve she gets a big smile on her face and makes this dolphin like squeal. Steve says she talks dolphin language to us right now. We haven't heard a giggle or a chuckle yet, just the dolphin squeal. One of her favorite things to do lately is to look at her reflection in the mirror. We stand in front of the mirror and she smiles and squeals. At one point she squealed at herself and then buried her face in my shoulder to hide before taking another look at the baby in the mirror. She repeated this for about 5 minutes. I finally attached a little mirror to her jumparoo and she loves that too.
Thursday we hit the mall for a day of shopping and lunch with Sara. Ava was an absolute doll the entire time. She got so much attention at the mall it was ridiculous. I had her in the baby bjorn and I told Sara I felt like I had Paris Hilton strapped to my chest with the amount of attention she got. She fell asleep in her bjorn and then rode around quietly in her stroller while mommy shopped. It was a good little outing for us.
Friday Steve had his 4th eye surgery to correct his vision. He had the first one about a year and a half ago and it never took in one of his eyes so they've been in 3 more times now trying to get it corrected. We really hope it works this time. He went back to work today and only really complained of pain for a day or two.
Saturday I had a hair appointment so I dropped Ava off with her nana for a couple of hours. She missed her morning nap that day so she was way overtired that she no longer an absolute doll. Nana said she screamed herself to sleep but it took her about half an hour to get to sleep. I felt bad that poor Nana had to deal with that because I had just bragged to her about what a happy baby Ava is. I was hoping her nap in the car on the way there would have helped but she still was way too tired when I dropped her off. Mommy's fault!
Yesterday we met my friend Kelley and her family at Discovery Green where she took some family photos of us. We are going to use them for our Christmas card and she sent me a few samples this morning. The pictures of Ava are so beautiful. Kelley you are so talented! Steve makes fun of me for always wanting so many pictures, but I told him that she's never going to be a baby again!
Here I am at my favorite time of the day! Look how big I've gotten!
Okay can you resist me in my hoodie jacket?Thursday we hit the mall for a day of shopping and lunch with Sara. Ava was an absolute doll the entire time. She got so much attention at the mall it was ridiculous. I had her in the baby bjorn and I told Sara I felt like I had Paris Hilton strapped to my chest with the amount of attention she got. She fell asleep in her bjorn and then rode around quietly in her stroller while mommy shopped. It was a good little outing for us.
Friday Steve had his 4th eye surgery to correct his vision. He had the first one about a year and a half ago and it never took in one of his eyes so they've been in 3 more times now trying to get it corrected. We really hope it works this time. He went back to work today and only really complained of pain for a day or two.
Saturday I had a hair appointment so I dropped Ava off with her nana for a couple of hours. She missed her morning nap that day so she was way overtired that she no longer an absolute doll. Nana said she screamed herself to sleep but it took her about half an hour to get to sleep. I felt bad that poor Nana had to deal with that because I had just bragged to her about what a happy baby Ava is. I was hoping her nap in the car on the way there would have helped but she still was way too tired when I dropped her off. Mommy's fault!
Yesterday we met my friend Kelley and her family at Discovery Green where she took some family photos of us. We are going to use them for our Christmas card and she sent me a few samples this morning. The pictures of Ava are so beautiful. Kelley you are so talented! Steve makes fun of me for always wanting so many pictures, but I told him that she's never going to be a baby again!
Here I am at my favorite time of the day! Look how big I've gotten!
Here I am after our family portraits. Thank you Aunt Brenda for my dress!
Daddy & Baby time after my bath.




1 comment:
AAAw! Look at her little ducky house shoes and her matching robe. SO cute!
Post a Comment