Monday, June 2, 2008

31 Weeks

The braxton hicks have begun! Friday night I was reading in the girlfriends guide to pregnancy (one of the 32 baby/breastfeeding/birth/sleep habits/529 plan/infant care books that I am currently reading at one time) about braxton hicks and how I should be feeling them by now. I thought well if I am having them I haven't really been too sure.

Then comes 4:30 in the morning when I'm jolted out of a dead sleep by a very sharp pain and tightening in my lower abdomen. Somehow Steve was able to sleep through my yelping and yelling so I told him about it the next morning. I thought to myself if that pain was any indication of what labor pains feel like I'M SCARED!!!! I want drugs ASAP!! Anyway I of course opened a few of my books and read that the pain was more likely her shifting positions, but the braxton hicks did start later that day.

I'm grocery shopping and pushing my little cart along and all of the sudden my stomach tightens up really tight and it caught me so off guard I yelped in the middle of the aisle. It didn't hurt at all but just surprised me. Then it happened a few more times that day. All very normal and just another interesting part of pregnancy. My feet still look like loaves of bread baking in my shoes and I can now only squeeze them into one pair of flats and one pair of flip flops. sigh....

We had a pretty busy weekend. Friday I met my friend Kelley at the Galleria for lunch and shopping. She brought her precious baby girl Amelia who was just a doll the entire time. I think she has a future shopper on her hands! Saturday night Steve stayed home to watch the game and I caught the new Sex and the City movie with my bunko group. The movie was GREAT! Right when the theme music started playing everyone in the theater started clapping and yelling. Sunday we drove out to clear lake and had lunch with our friends Julie & Tiffany and their husbands and babies. Steve soaked up all the daddy advice from James and Scott and is now terrified about the first 3 months of life with Ava. haha.

Oh yes and it is now safe to announce that two of my cousins are due to have babies 5 months after Ava is born! We are very excited to have a baby boom in the family and I'm happy that Ava will have little playmates just like I did with my cousins.

No comments: