Friday, April 1, 2011

39 week check-up

Had the 39 week check up today and doctor is certain that I will be going into labor very soon.  I'm dilated to 3 cm and she thinks it will be a fast labor.  Let's hope so!  We are getting super excited!  When I told Steve she said it would be a fast labor he said "oh damn, we can't do anything fast around here.
We're going to end up having a 4Runner delivery"

One small concern was that I was spilling a little protein so they are making me do some labwork on Monday.  My blood pressure is perfect, I've actually lost a few pounds since my last visit and since I stopped working my swelling has gone down tremendously.   If I had high blood pressure, gained weight and had lots of swelling in addition to the protein they would be worried about pre-eclampsia.  Since I don't have any of those symptoms they aren't quite sure.  So now they are just going to check my kidney function on Monday to make sure all is well and hoping this is just a fluke.  Hoping she'll be here before Monday, but only she knows!

I also have a spot on my sternum that has been very sore and obnoxious. It has been driving me crazy and I've been complaining to Steve about it for weeks!  Doctor checked it today and said it felt out of place and that either the baby was pushing it up into an awkward position or it could be broken.  She said it's really inflamed and swollen around it so after the baby is born she's going to take some images to see what the deal is.  I remember having this issue with Ava as well but it went away after she was born. 

After my appointment Gigi and I had lunch and ran a bunch of errands. I was having contractions so I was sure something would be happening, but since I've been home things have settled down and not much action. 

Ava's teacher asked that I bring her back today so they could have a going away party for her.  They bought her a cake and sang "goodbye Ava" and the teachers were so sad and gushed over her all afternoon.  They were sad to see her go and we are very sad to take her out.

As for Ava she must sense something or just enjoy having me home every day because she has literally woken up every morning before dawn to come get in bed with me.  This morning Gigi went in there when she heard her and Ava said "Hi Gigi, I wake up.  Get me out, I want to go see my mommy"  then I hear a little pitter patter coming into my room and she looks over the bed with her little face right in front of mine and said "hi mommy!  I wake up"  Luckily she gets in bed and snuggles up and falls back asleep!  Love snuggling with my buggy :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Eeeek! So close! Time to join the world, Brynn! :)