Thursday, April 21, 2011

2 Week Check-Up Brynn

My little chunky monkey had her 2 week check up today and I am happy to report that she is doing great and growing so fast!

9lbs. 11oz   89%
22 inches  95%
Head circ.  90%

Heart, lungs and everything look and sound healthy.  These stats do not mean she is going to be a linebacker for the Texans or anything.  She'll still be a normal size girl like Ava, she's just a chunky monkey baby :)  Makes mommy feel better since I'm exclusively breastfeeding her.  I know that she is getting an adequate food supply, thank goodness.

Our 1st week home alone has gone quite well.  She takes a good long nap in her nap nanny from about 11 or 12-3 pm.  Just in time for me to focus on getting Ava down for her afternoon nap.  Then mommy gets a little free time to get things done or nap.  In the evenings around 8 or 9 pm she is ready for bed and gets very fussy if we aren't all settling down for the night.  So I go lay down with her and then once she's asleep she'll go in her co-sleeper for several hours until her next feeding.  Although she prefers to sleep with us, she's been good the last few days about sleeping in her her co-sleeper at night if the nap nanny is in there.  I'm a total freak and have to sleep with one hand on her or have to wake up and check her every few minutes, but it's nice to have her so close to me even though she's not in the bed with me at all times. 

Ava has been doing great.  She still hasn't shown any signs of jealousy although I feel guilty sometimes that I don't get the time to play with her as much as she would like.  I've been trying to take the time out each day to do puzzles, bubbles, do art, or have her help me make breakfast or lunch.  Luckily she's been a good sport about it.  She's told me a few times to put the baby down and come dance with her or something.  The good news is we still get our cuddle time in every morning and nap time and she gets LOTS of daddy time which she loves.

No comments: