We are almost there! I'm now up to weekly appointments, swollen feet, 35 potty breaks per night, the pregnant waddle, snoring while I'm awake, and the feeling of constant pressure.
Today's appointment:
1 cm dilated, 60% effaced
She's in head down position and ready to go
The ultrasound was very fuzzy but we know she has chubby cheeks, a nose and two eye sockets. haha!
heart rate was 132 bpm
I also had my strep B test today. Doctor said we can induce at 39 weeks, but I told her I didn't want induction this time. I want to go into labor on my own with no intervention. Let's hope she decides to make her appearance by her "big grill" I really want to experience natural contractions and not pitocin induced contractions this time. I felt like the pitocin contractions hit so fast and so hard that I completely panicked and freaked out. There was no gradual increase with minutes in between. It was straight up transition phase contractions with little to no rest in between. I've had friends who went into labor on their own and said that they didn't think it was that bad, so I'm really curious to experience it the way it should be.
Her room is almost complete, we have the co-sleeper set up in the bedroom and I've got Ava's infant seat all washed and ready to. We'll just load it up in the back of the car so it's ready for her when she gets here.
Ava is very excited and tells me that she's going to help feed baby sister, change diapers and hold her. She is now carrying her baby doll around and putting it to night night saying it's her baby sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment