This weekend the weather was gorgeous! Court and I took our little punkins to the pumpkin patch to enjoy the weather and let them get some energy out. I had a hair appointment first so Ava stayed with Courtney and Trevor. Trent was supposed to be going down for a nap, but when I left Ava got upset and started crying. Trent heard her and stood up in his crib with his little ear turned toward the door so he could hear more. Then he got so excited that Ava was there he decided he wasn't napping just yet. So Trevor brought him downstairs to play with Ava, but she was so upset she wouldn't give him the time of day. Of course he's so laid back he just looked at her like "whatcha cryin for, I got toys"
So she finally calmed down after she realized they had fun toys and Court actually got Ava and Trent down for a nap at the same time! What a pro!
After that we went to lunch and then headed to the pumpkin patch. I couldn't get Ava to sit still for any pictures. She wanted to run wild all over the pumpkin patch. Trent is just dying to get up and run with her. I give it a few weeks and he'll be running along with her.
Here we are on the way to the pumpkin patch

I picked my pumpkin mommy!

Our little punkins


!
So the first week of daycare didn't go very smooth. Ava cried every single day at drop off and pick up. They said she does stop crying and plays with the other kids but gets upset every now and then when she realizes we aren't there. Her teacher said she's happy if they are outside or if they are in one room with no visitors. Anytime the door opens and someone comes in she gets upset and tries to make a break for it. Today was even worse. She cried the minute I took her out of the car and then when I walked in the door she grabbed the door and held on for dear life. Miss Laura took her from me and Ava just clung to me and screamed. It broke my heart. I was having major mommy guilt today at work and almost left early to get her and cuddle her.The good news is that she eats all of her food and she naps GREAT! Friday I went to pick her up after work and she was completely conked out. They said she lays right down on her mat and sleeps for 2 hours. So I came back at 2 and she was still sleeping! The weirdest part that I haven't figured out is that at night she has always fought bed time. Not anymore! From day one of daycare she went right in her crib wide awake, laid down and cuddled her bunny without a fuss and went to sleep. Didn't make a peep. It's been like that every night since. Last night she even pulled herself off of my shoulder toward her crib like "okay mommy put me in my bed now, I'm tired"
The first night she did it I thought she was sick and went in and checked on her every few minutes, but nope...she was just fine!
No comments:
Post a Comment