Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Tooth Fairy has finally visited Ava


Ava finally started getting  a loose tooth a couple of months ago.  It didn't seem like it was getting any looser though and one day I noticed that her permanent teeth were growing in behind her baby teeth.  I read that when the permanent teeth don't come in under the baby teeth that the root on the baby teeth is not dissolved and this is why the teeth weren't coming out like they were supposed to. Gigi confirmed this when I sent her a picture.

We made an appointment at the dentist and they were able to pull the baby teeth right there in the office.  Ava was so excited that she was finally not only losing one tooth but two teeth!  The tooth fairly left her $5 per tooth in her very special tooth fairy pillow that grandmother made her.

I was so proud of how well Ava did at the dentist.  She wasn't scared at all.  We are so happy with our dentist, they were so good with her and really do everything in their power to make the experience for kids as stress free as possible.  I've heard horror stories about bad pediatric dentists that just make my stomach turn so I refuse to go to a dentist that doesn't allow me in the room with her.  I feel blessed to have found a great pediatric dental practice for Ava and Brynn.

No comments: