Saturday, March 21, 2015

A month in the life of Brynn

Brynn is getting so close to 4 years old.  Where did my little baby go.  I really feel like her baby and toddler hood is a blur.  I don't remember details like I did with Ava, it has gone by so fast!  Recently she got a tummy virus.  Everyone who knows me knows that vomit is my kryptonite.  I absolutely hate vomit.  When she started she was up in Ava's room sleeping with Ava.  Poor Brynn had no idea what was happening or what to do.  I was surprised that she knew to run to the bathroom though.  Thanks to my sister in law Kristin I have discovered essential oils.  I will say that either Brynn is a trooper or peppermint oil works wonders.  I rubbed peppermint oil on her tummy and diffused it in her room and she was fine for the rest of the night and most of the rest of the day.  It also helped calm my queasiness.  Then I spent the entire day disinfecting the house with thieves oil (diffused it in Ava's room and all throughout the house), vacuumed, did multiple loads of laundry, shampooed the carpets in Ava's room.  Made everyone put thieves oil on when they got home and luckily nobody else got sick!  Phew!!!  Vomit crisis averted.
She was fine here, but woke up as few hours later vomiting.  Only her 2nd tummy bug ever so she was shocked and didn't know what to do.
\
ice cream face
IHOP with mommy-breakfast date.  She LOVES "the pancake place"
Her "Belle" dress that she picked out herself
Playing dress up-My ballerina princess
Capturing Brynn's unique personality
Being a trooper during her stomach bug
Brynny is at that stage in life where she realizes she has her own free will and can't stand not having control over what she wants to do.  Luckily she isn't as bad as Ava was at this age, but she can still be quite challenging.  She enjoys taunting Ava and calling her names, so we are working on that.  She's also fiercely independent and doesn't really need or want us as much as Ava did.

I went in to cuddle with her in her bed and talk about our days and she said "mommy can you get out of my room"
I'll ask her questions about school or her day and she'll say "let's talk about that later or we can talk about that later"
Sometimes at night when it's time to say our prayers she'll say "I'm too shy, you say it for me"
I asked her why she wanted to have her birthday party at sweet and sassy and she said "because it's fashion and they have beautiful dresses"

Right now she loves My little pony, littlest pet shop, dress up and her baby dolls.  She loves playing mommy.  At night she lays in bed and tells herself stories and sings songs until she falls asleep.  She's still very attached to her big purple blanket.  We take it to school every day and thank goodness it makes it back home as well.  I've looked all of the internet to find another one as a back up but I guess it's discontinued now.

No comments: