Wednesday, May 4, 2011

3 weeks old

This week Brynn has been a lot more alert and has been awake for longer periods of time.  Last week we started giving her a bottle in the evenings to give her and Steve some bonding time and to get her used to something other than mom.  She was just like Ava and took right to it.  This child can eat!  Unlike her sister she will down 4 oz in no time. After her evening bottle she is mellow for the rest of the evening.  She is sleeping great at night although I did have a couple of rough nights where she was really fussy and couldn't get to sleep.  We did have to get her some reflux medicine because she has a touch of reflux and that was probably what was causing her fussiness in the evenings.  I wonder how many babies with reflux have been chalked up to "colic"?   Poor babies have been suffering for centuries I bet. :(

Ava has been talking my ear off all day every day.  We have been trying to teach her to be quiet when adults are talking because as soon as Steve and I start a conversation she's screaming over us.  She is slowly learning that concept. 

Today I took her to get registered for Summer camp at a church nearby.  She'll go for a few hours two days a week in June and July.  While we were there she wanted to go play with the other kids so bad.  When it was time to leave she wanted to stay and kept saying "no mommy I want to stay here and play"   I think she is really going to love going.  Last week I took her to the mothers day out at her gymnastics academy and when I picked her up she was just ecstatic and couldn't wait to show me everything they did and asked "is this my new school mommy?"  Good to know she has no problems adapting to new environments and leaving mom.  So unlike me when I was a kid, thank goodness! 

We also finally switched her to her toddler bed.  Surprisingly it's been a success.  The only problem I've had is that she occasionally spends her nap time playing now instead of sleeping.  The good news is she stays in her room and plays quietly until I tell her to come out. 



My little helper and her baby sisser

She loves sleeping in the moses basket, too bad she's about to be too long for it!

Bottle time with daddy

She hates bath time- Ava must be involved in everything

1 comment:

The Spradley's said...

I love how she is looking up at Steve..sweet! :)