Friday, May 20, 2011

5 - 6 weeks

Just hangin with the girls

My first date with Wyatt.  Can you tell he's an older man?

Sweet Sisters


The Hendrickson Girls

We got our first smile from Brynn just after she turned 4 weeks old!  She is just smiling away and always smiles when she see's her big sister.  I love it when she smiles and coo's like she's communicating.  It's just so precious.  She's also doing a really good job of holding her head up on her own. 

Her evening fussiness definitely peaked just like everything tells you it will at 5-6 weeks.  She was cluster feeding like crazy getting ready for her growth spurt.  Then yesterday on her 6 week birthday she slept ALL day long.  Since babies grow while they sleep, she must have been doing a LOT of growing.  She's already in 3 month clothes! 

Last week Ava figured out how to open doors by herself and we aren't used to this!!  The other day I didn't even realize that she had opened the back door by herself and was outside in the driveway!  She was looking for her daddy but he was inside.  She's also getting up early in the mornings and coming downstairs to get in our bed.  I've been enjoying my mornings in bed with my girls :)
One thing she says that makes me laugh is instead of saying "not today" she says "not for day".  So yesterday I asked her if she wanted a snack and she said "not for day but maybe for soon"

A few more Ava sayings that made us laugh:

  • Everyone knows how Ava likes to play with her belly button while she drinks her milk.  She's done it since she was just an infant.  Today after gymnastics she got her before nap "milky" and said "I don't want this leotard on any more, we need to take it off.  I want to pick my belly"  She couldn't get to her belly button with the leotard on so she had to have it off immediately.
  • Yesterday the girls and I went to the grocery store and Ava was telling everyone that would listen "my daddy is big, he's strong, I have a big daddy"   This reminds me of when I was little and I thought my daddy was the best looking, strongest man with the biggest muscles out there. Just the beginnings of the Electra complex for Ava :) 
  • Today Steve was a little grumpy before he left for the gym and when he walked out the door Ava said "bye grumpy ole daddy"
  • One night at dinner the baby was fussy and Ava said "mommy that baby needs your milk.  Daddy your boos don't have any milk.  My boos don't have milk either.  Daddy you need to get some milk in your boos"
  • Instead of saying "sheets" she says "sheeps" She'll tell us she tee tee'd in the bed and we need to change her sheeps.
  • Yesterday we were at Carters and Ava apparently had bad gas because she started crop dusting.  Only she wasn't shy about it.  Everytime she tooted she would yell "toot toot!" and laugh.  I think she gets this from her Aunt Courtney.

On another note, yesterday would have been my dad's 58th birthday.  Happy Birthday Dad.

2 comments:

Julie said...

"Daddy you need to get some milk in your boos." Hahahahahahahaaaa! Love it.

The Spradley's said...

Oh these are good Cousin!! I love the sayings!! I thought the same thing about my Daddy too! I was going to marry him when I was older too. So funny!!!