Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday..Love it!!

Well the baby now has furniture!  Everyone keeps asking me why we need a new crib and why we don't just use Ava's.  4 Reasons:

  1. She's still in her crib and likely will be until after the baby arrives.
  2. She chewed it up like a little Beaver and although we love Ava's teething artwork, we would hate to give the baby a chewed up nub of a crib.
  3. We came from a two bedroom house, therefore we don't have extra furniture and would have to buy a new set for Ava anyway so either way we were buying furniture.
  4. Ava's furniture set is convertible and was purchased to grow with her.  It converts to a toddler bed and then a full-size bed.  She is set and will have that furniture until she moves out (which hopefully is never :)
So with that being said...Steve and I shopped a while for Ava's and have done quite a bit of window shopping for this one so we know what is a deal and what isn't.  Today I walked into Babie's first furniture with the hopes that I might find a good convertible crib and dresser for the baby for a good price.  I not only found a crib and a dresser for a GREAT price (I'm talking over 50% off people!), but it also came with the hutch that goes over the dresser AND a mini chest with changing table on top!  Woo hoo!!!  I couldn't buy furniture at Target or Wal-mart for the deal I got today.  Not only did I get a lot of furniture but I got a set made by one of the top of the line manufacturers and I got the last one in stock!!  The mommy behind me had to buy the floor model.  I walked out of that store with a smile on my face and knew Steve would be proud.  Called him immediately and he was pumped!    This set is also convertible and will grow with her.  I got it in Vanilla color.  

Like I said....I love black friday!

No comments: