Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Baby Hendrickson #2 - In the making!!

12 week profile pic- already pouting about something. Little hand over face.

my little legs and feet

That's right we are expecting our 2nd child due April 6, 2011!! Ava is going to be a big sister!! I'm 12 weeks today and had a great ultrasound this morning so we are excited to finally tell the world the good news. Start placing your bets on the sex, because we find out next week if what we are having!


Here is a journal I kept for the 1st trimester of pregnancy:


4 weeks- Found out the day after Ava's 2nd birthday that we are indeed expecting another baby! I started my lovenox (blood thinner) injections immediately. We decided that after 3 previous miscarriages, we were going to wait until 8 weeks to schedule our first appointment this time. We just couldn't take another go round like the those times where we went in at 6 weeks and the heart beat was slow and they would say "oh well it just started beating, let's give it a week" or "maybe your dates are off, come back in 2 weeks" and then we suffered through a week or two of not knowing if the baby was healthy or not. So this time we decided that I'm doing everything I possibly can to keep this baby healthy and we should know for sure at 8 weeks if the hear beat looks good and if the baby is growing adequately. 5 weeks- nothing new, feeling fine, just have a very bruised sore tummy from the injections.
6 weeks- either I've had way too many cheeseburgers or something because I'm already looking a little porky. Vow to eat much healthier! No morning sickness yet, just a little nausea and a nasty cold.
7 weeks - my dad passed away and it's all I can think about, I'm completely consumed with grief. I never even got a chance to tell him I was pregnant. We were waiting until after our first ultrasound at 8 weeks to tell family. I'm feeling nausea but I don't know if it's nausea or overwhelming sadness. Family does not know I'm expecting, but probably better as they would all just worry to death.
8 weeks- Great ultrasound!! The little gummy bear had a 161 bpm heart rate and looked GREAT! We are so relieved. Nice to have some good news after last week.
9 weeks- Absolutely miserable with all day morning sickness. Can barely function I feel so terrible. Nausea medicine isn't even making a dent. Starting to share the news with family members. Thanks to stupid facebook, it got leaked before we could get to everyone personally. NOT happy about that!!! I seriously thought about deleting my account after that.
10 weeks- Still sick as a dog and absolutely miserable.
11 weeks- Another rough week with sickness. Imagine being hungover all day every single day for 5 freaking weeks!!! Bright Side: Must mean my body is working in overdrive to keep this baby healthy and happy.
12 weeks- GREAT ultrasound!!!!!!! Baby looks great and I am one relieved mother. HB was 166 bpm.

No comments: