Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ava Updates

Well it has been a month ago to the day that my dad died, and it's probably about time I get on with my day to day life (as hard as it is) which means posting on the blog.

There is so much to report on Ava that I hope I remember to hit all the important points.

Ava started in her new class with her new teachers on August 19th. She cried the first day when I left her but they said she was fine within minutes and after that she never cried again. I'm a little bummed that none of her previous classmates are in her class, so she also has to adjust to all new kids. One little boy, Gil, is in the class right next to her and the classes spend lots of time together so at least she has that. Gil is having a very hard time with the transition and every morning they are on the playground and he see's me drive up. The teacher said he grabs her hand and starts heading toward the entrance saying "Ava, Ava, Ava" and then he and Ava are glued at the hip the rest of the day. He loves Ava :)

Potty Training is going. She still can't tell me in advance when she has to tee tee, but she hasn't pooped in a diaper in over a month. That always happens on the potty. She's in pull ups during the day and a night diaper at night.

Her new favorite thing to say is "oh no!" and "no, I don't" when you ask her if she wants to do something. She also says "yes, I do". Last week she actually told me "stop talking mommy" I was floored! She can now say her name "Ava" instead of "Eeya" and usually refers to herself in the 3rd person, like "Mommy come hold Ava!"

She is totally a daddy's girl and now wants Steve to do all of the nightly routine which means he hasn't gotten much of a break lately (hey he's learning what it's like to be a mom!) Let me pull out my little tiny violin....tee hee.

She is now able to put her shoes on and almost dress herself without any help. She is sooo proud when she gets her shoes on too. A lot of the times they'll be on the wrong feet, but I just think it's so precious that I rarely correct her. She's just so proud that she can do it and tells me "look at Ava mommy, Ava's a big girl!" She now has to get into the car by herself with no help and get into her car seat by herself. If we try to help we get the "no mommy, Ava do it!"

She is a very strong willed little girl (must get that from Steve) and we have been having a hard time getting her to do things she doesn't want to do without a battle, but try and stay very consistent with our discipline and she seems to be getting the picture. Tantrums are a regular occurrence around here (usually because she doesn't want to get dressed, take a bath or go to bed) these days and everyone keeps telling me that 3 is worse! If she had her way she'd be naked and dirty all day and never go to bed. Oh my!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Even now at 4, if Audrey had her way she'd be filthy, have awful teeth and breath, live in her PJs and never sleep! I wonder if that ever ends?

Yay for Ava starting to potty train! Hope it continues to go well for you.