Wednesday, April 7, 2010

the sick bomb has hit us..

My poor sweet little Angel has been so sick with a nasty stomach virus.  This is the first time we’ve experienced this with her so it really had us freaked out.  She started vomiting on Thursday night and it was all night long.  Friday we thought she was better because she was running around playing all day like normal.  We decided to go ahead and look at some new houses with our realtor.  As we were driving poor thing vomited in her car seat.  I just knew the realtor was thinking “OMG get these people out of my car!”  We took her to the urgent care pediatrician and they said no Easter egg hunting for Ava L 
 
Saturday she was just a limp noodle clinging to mommy and didn’t want to play or do anything but lay on the couch with her mommy.  Sunday and Monday she was what seemed like back to normal, eating and drinking again, no fever and playful. Then Monday night she woke up at Midnight after getting sick in her crib.  It just broke my heart because when I went to get her out of her crib, she pointed to where she was laying and tearfully said “eeya bed wet”   (She now calls herself Eeya).  I was so sad when I saw that she had gotten sick again while sleeping.  So we had another night and day filled with sickness.  I took her to the doctor yesterday and they said there is a really bad stomach virus going around and entire families are coming in with it.  They sent us home with a prescription to keep her nausea in check and so far today she’s been almost back to normal, but I’m not holding my breath, as it could just be the medicine keeping the nausea at bay. 
 
During her sickness she has done a few really cute things though.  When she first got sick she was throwing up some shredded cheese that she had eaten earlier, so now every time she throws up she says “eeya cheese”  or points to it and says “cheese” 
 
I’ve spent a lot of time sleeping with her on the couch and she’s grown to love it so last night when I said it was night night time she ran to the couch and said “chair” so I put her on there and she laid down with her butt in the air and pulled my hand and said “mommy night night” and patted the couch.  It was so cute!  I hated making her go sleep in her crib. 
 
On Sunday when she was feeling a little better we took her out to Brenham to see Grandmother and Granddad and take pictures in the blue bonnets.  There were lots of cows out there and she would say “moo out there, moo out there”  She calls cows moo’s so she was announcing to us that there were cows out there. 
 
She has also discovered her chest and that she has “boobs” so she points to her chest and says “eeya boo” with a big grin on her face.  When I put her shirt on her she says “bye bye boo” Ha-ha!
 
 

1 comment:

Julie said...

sorry Ava has been so sick! Poor girl. :( Great pics in the bluebonnets, though!