Ava has added several new words to her vocabulary. In addition to dada she's also saying gaga, baba and ca. She takes turns as to which word is her favorite for the day. We love to hear her saying all of her new words. Every day I wake up and see her and it's like I can tell she is another day older. This morning I was playing with her and realized that she is almost like a toddler now. She's standing up and saying words to me and it's clear she understands most of what we're saying to her.
She loves to roam free through the house and you have to keep an eye on her because she'll be out of your sight in a second! Of course she doesn't want to be too far away because if she notices you aren't paying attention she says "huh huh!" to get your attention and make you look at her. Grandmother plays this game with her where she'll pretend to be asleep and Ava will crawl up to her and slap her leg and say "huh!" until grandmother opens her eyes. Some of her new things this week that she enjoys is flushing the toilet, drinking water out of mommy's straw and hitting mommy in the face with a ball. We are still working on that no hitting thing.
Last week I put a pair of keds on Ava while she was outside on the driveway in her walker. As soon as I put them on her she was fascinated with these strange things I put on her feet. She kept pulling her feet up to her face so she could check them out. Then I would stand her up and she would look down at her feet like "what are those things!" Now whenever she sees shoes she tries to put them on her feet! It's so cute! She even tried to put Grandmothers shoes on the other day. LOL.
She loves to roam free through the house and you have to keep an eye on her because she'll be out of your sight in a second! Of course she doesn't want to be too far away because if she notices you aren't paying attention she says "huh huh!" to get your attention and make you look at her. Grandmother plays this game with her where she'll pretend to be asleep and Ava will crawl up to her and slap her leg and say "huh!" until grandmother opens her eyes. Some of her new things this week that she enjoys is flushing the toilet, drinking water out of mommy's straw and hitting mommy in the face with a ball. We are still working on that no hitting thing.
Last week I put a pair of keds on Ava while she was outside on the driveway in her walker. As soon as I put them on her she was fascinated with these strange things I put on her feet. She kept pulling her feet up to her face so she could check them out. Then I would stand her up and she would look down at her feet like "what are those things!" Now whenever she sees shoes she tries to put them on her feet! It's so cute! She even tried to put Grandmothers shoes on the other day. LOL.The best thing ever is when Ava is playing with Steve and I walk in the room and she gets a big smile on her face, stops what she's doing, and speed crawls over to me while squealing. I just love it! She does this to Steve when he gets home from work every day. We love watching her express her joy just to see her mommy or daddy.

So Irene and I figured out that Steve isn't very good at relaying messages. Every day she tells Steve a rundown of the day and all the cute things Ava did that day. Each day I come home and ask Steve "what did Irene say" and he always says "nothing" or "oh she napped and drank her bottles" Like I didn't know that already because Irene writes down all of her meals, naps and diapers for us. So she called me on Wednesday at work and gave me the rundown. We decided that she would tell Steve the exact same thing and see if he relays the message. So Irene told Steve that Ava tried putting her shoes on that day, and to watch her left eye because it had been watering a lot. So I get home and ask Steve the usual "what did Irene say today" and he said "nothing she took her naps and drank her bottles" I said "that's it?" and he said "yeah that's it" AGGH!! Can you believe that! Men!!!
1 comment:
Someone is starting to look a lot like Mommy!
Auntie Sara
Post a Comment