Friday, April 24, 2009

38 weeks

Okay so we take back the da-da comment. Steve is sure he heard it but I'm pretty sure it was baby babble. She's still clapping away but has refused to do bye bye or da-da for us again this week. She will play so-big though. I ask her how big she is and she grabs my hands and throws her arms out on both sides of her like "this big mommy!" She will only do it if she has my hands in hers though.

So we had quite a frightening thing happen on Tuesday. Last weekend it rained and rained all weekend and all of the sudden we started seeing little bugs showing up in our house. We decided to get a pest control company to come out because the tree roaches were beginning to make appearances and freaking us out. Well on Tuesday I was getting dressed for work and had Ava on the floor playing right in front of me. At one point I looked down and she was sitting on the floor with an enormous LIVE cockroach in her hand!!! She was just as calm as she could be and as I'm running over to her it crawled up her arm and then down on the floor where it disappeared. I was so disgusted I ran into the dining room and handed her to grandmother where she would be safe. I called Steve right away and told him to get that pest control company out here ASAP! I am sure that had that disgusting creature not crawled up her arm she would have had it in her mouth in no time. Pest Control showed up on Thursday and since then we've only seen the good kind of bugs...the DEAD ones!

Ava and I spent Thursday afternoon at the park playing. It was so beautiful outside and I was feeling so lucky to be able to have the day off to play with my sweet baby. She enjoyed playing in the grass and watching all of the other little kids play. It was the perfect day...we were enjoying baby and mommy time, the sun was out and the bugs at home were getting evicted.

Ava's most favorite thing to do right now is to remove things from containers. She loves to remove things from baskets, boxes, cubes or whatever she can get her little dimpled hands on. She takes everything out one by one and throws it on the floor. She will make the biggest mess too. We will fill up bowls and baskets all day long just to keep her entertained.
One of her newest things she loves to do is to share her snacks with the dogs. Yesterday I put some shredded cheese on her tray so she could feed herself. She would grab a handful, feed herself and then grab another handful and put her hand down over the side of her highchair for the dogs. She finds it so amusing.

No comments: