A little ray of sunshine in her little yellow dress from grandmother and grandad.

This has been such an exciting week!
- Doodle waved bye bye and SAID bye bye while waving.
- She also started clapping her hands when I would sing her favorite song "if you're happy and you know it" or "patty cake"!
- Steve is pretty sure that he got her to say da-da to him today and actually mean it.
- She is also "cruising" around the coffee table to get to things. We just wonder how far away walking is.
She is getting to where she no longer wants to be confined in her walker or her jumparoo. She wants down on the floor where she can move all around. She loves her little activity table where
she can stand forever and play. One bad thing about her being so mobile is that she's discovered the dog bowls. I was really hoping they were out of the way enough that she wouldn't find them...no such luck. When she plays with her toys she likes to listen to her own voice and she'll just babble away and throw in an occasional scream for good measure. Today Steve was playing with her in her room and she crawled across the floor to a blanket. She picked it up over her face and then pulled it down real quick and waited for Steve to say Peek-a-boo. She LOVES playing that game.I started introducing finger foods a few weeks ago and so far it hasn't been going too well. She likes cheese, nana's green beans, bread, ritz wheat crackers and rice but that's about all she'll do for now. I've given her beans, pasta and fruit and she is not too impressed with any of them. When I first started feeding her solids she would gobble up anything I gave her. Then she started turning her nose up vegetables so I would hide them in fruit and then she would gobble them down. Now she's eating about 3-4 bites of things and turning her head away like "no more mommy" I've mixed it in fruit and everything with no luck. I'm hoping she doesn't turn out to be a picky bird eater like I was growing up. So hopefully it's just a phase and she'll grow out of it.
This past weekend was Ava's first Easter. We started the day off at church and Ava and I spent
the entire service out in the hall because she thought it would be fun to talk really loud during the service and tug on other people's programs. We also went over to Nana's for lunch and an Easter egg hunt. Ethan couldn't come obviously but little Trent was there, Tyler, Brenna and Thomas.
1 comment:
I can't believe how much she is doing! She's growing up too fast. She's going to be walking before you know it.
Post a Comment