Monday, December 1, 2008

First Thanksgiving - 17 Weeks

We celebrated our first Thanksgiving with Ava! Holiday's are so much sweeter when you have a child. When we first arrived at Aunt Bonnie's my Uncle Mike picked Ava up out of her car seat and she instantly stuck that bottom lip out and started fussing. We are now experiencing separation anxiety, more so with men than women. When Steve held her she clung to him like a little monkey and buried her face in his chest. She watched everyone very closely and got excited anytime Tyler came near her. She just loves Tyler! Once she decided everyone was okay she started letting people hold her. She wore everyone out playing jump jump jumparoo in their laps. She even took a nap in the crib that Aunt Bonnie has set up for the babies. Baby Trent was also there for his very first Thanksgiving. :)

Tyler was a hoot as usual. He wanted to hold Ava so bad and kept begging to hold the baby. Everyone kept telling him "No Tyler not right now" finally he got frustrated and yelled "Just let me hold the dumb baby!" We were all cracking up!

Ava also loves to shop! Steve and I went to the outlet malls on Monday and she just loved looking around and taking in everything. Then I took her with me on my annual Christmas Shopping trip with my mom. I was really worried about how she would do, but she was great! Again she loved her baby bjorn and just went to sleep in it when she wanted to nap. Last year when we went on our shopping trip I had really bad morning sickness and was nauseated the entire day. We had to make a stop for preggie pops and emetrol just to get me through. This year it was refreshing to not only feel great but to have my little girl with me! I was happy to find a nursing lounge in the mall. It was all set up with a glider and a changing table. That made things so easy! Ava even helped Mom pick out her Christmas dress. Mom would hold up a dress in front of her and then when she held up this one dress Ava laughed and cooed so that was it! I think I've created a little shopper.

I should also mention that Ava rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time. I went into her room to pick her up from her nap and she was on her back. I'm so proud of her! She's still pulling everything to her mouth (especially our fingers and hands) and exploring them.

No comments: