Monday, December 8, 2008

18 Weeks - First "Solid" Meal

Well we got with the times and got a webcam so that gigi and papi could see Ava and talk to her. It was so fun being able to see them and for them to be able to see Ava! Now they will get to watch her do some of the cute stuff she does. We also got my sister Brenda logged on and we talk to them via skype. The other night her cousins Kennedee and Lauren sang Twinkle Twinkle little star to her while she watched them on the screen. I love technology!

Steve was back to work this week and it was just Ava and I during the day again. It was nice having him home. He would get Ava up in the morning and play with her so I could get a little sleep and stretch out in the bed for an hour. She loved her one on one time with daddy. He still does it on the weekends though! Ava has come down with a cold or allergies (again) and has a runny nose and a cough. She is still a pretty happy baby when she's awake though! She had her first "solid" meal of cereal this week and she LOVED it! She was gobbling it up and amazingly swallowed it all. I didn't have much mess to clean up at all. We figured it wouldn't be a problem for her because she has been eyeing our plates and watching us eat for a while now.

Saturday night we finally heard her laugh! The dogs were playing nearby and she was watching them. As soon as Biscuit looked at her she would squeal and let out a little chuckle. We were so excited and of course I ran to get the video camera to capture the first giggle. I've been waiting for her to do it again. She just loves her pup Biscuit.

Speaking of Biscuit, Steve and I have decided she is in need of dog therapy or dog prozac. Not only has she started screaming like someone is dognapping her when a stranger tries to pick her up, but now she's gotten worse at the vet. Steve took them in on Saturday to get their shots and he said it was insane the way she acted. The minute he put her on the table she started screaming and yelping. The vet hadn't even touched her yet. Steve said at one point she didn't even take a breath, just screamed and all the other vets and techs were coming in the room to see what was going on. The vet just stood there with the thermometer in her rear and waved at all of them like (I'm just taking her temperature I'm not performing major surgery on her or anything). They said she was a major drama queen. Then Magnum tried to pick a fight with a pitbull in the waiting room. One lady said "um excuse me mister but have you looked in the mirror lately?" They were calling him Napoleon. haha. Glad I didn't go on that vet trip.

mmm cereal yummy in my tummy

mmm more cereal mom!


conked out in the jumparoo




No comments: