Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ava's first days home

getting ready to go home Meeting the dogs

Magnum is already fascinated

My first sponge bath at home and I loved it!




These were just too cute not to post!




Ava has had an eventful first few days at home. She's met and gotten used to the dogs. She must have gotten used to hearing them bark in utero because she is not at all phased by them. Magnum is fascinated with her and Biscuit isn't too sure. Biscuit has been moping around like a sad little puppy and she is a little mad at me for bringing this new puppy home. She does not approve, but luckily she hasn't hiked her leg on her like she did when we brought Magnum home.

Ava's first night home was a sleepless one. Not because she cried the entire time but just because she didn't want to go to sleep. She wanted to be up all night and be held. Steve's mom got here early that morning and took care of her for a few hours so Steve and I could get a couple of hours of sleep. Then all day yesterday and last night she slept! Of course she wasn't having anything to do with her bassinet and wanted to sleep on mommy's chest or next to one of us all night long. We got some sleep and I actualy had to wake her up to feed, but mine was a restless sleep because I was so worried I would suffocate her. She has been sleeping all day today too and wakes up only for feedings. I'm hoping that she sleeps well tonight because she had an eventful day. We gave her a sponge bath this morning and she had her first pediatrician appointment today. Both went so well! She even went with us to Barnaby's for dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve,

Your daughter looks absolutely precious in your arms. It's obvious that you will be a great dad!! Can't wait to see her again and I can't wait for Grandad to meet her.

Grandmother Hendrickson

Anonymous said...

:D I can't wait to see her tonight! This week my vote goes for "she looks like Steve". Clearly, it's too early to tell. I'll see y'all soon! Tia Marcella