Friday, July 18, 2008

38 weeks

Good News! I had my weekly check up today and they are no longer worried about my blood pressure. It seems to be staying below the scary point and some of my swelling has actually gone down, so now we just wait on baby Ava to arrive. They checked her again on the fetal monitor and she was doing great. Very active and very steady heart rate. I'm still 1/2 centimeter dilated and have increased to 70% effaced. I haven't felt any symptoms of pre labor so we have no idea when she'll decide to make her appearance. She is very comfortable in there and doesn't seem to have any intention of coming out soon. She should know how many people are excited and waiting to meet her!

More good news..I'm officially on Maternity leave until January! Maybe that's why my blood pressure went down?? haha. My bag is packed and in the back of the car so the next two weeks will be me relaxing around the house and getting things ready for her to come home.

Today I also took Casper to the vet for his annual shots. He has been vomiting clear liquid a lot lately so we were a little worried that he might be having kidney problems. The vet said that he looks really good and that she didn't see any symptoms of renal failure or tenderness around the kidneys. She thinks that he might just be having indigestion from his food and suggested we change him back to his old diet and give him medication for his indegestion. He's 13 years old and has always been very healthy so I'm hoping she's right and he's just reacting to his food. One day he projectile vomited water all over Biscuit's head. I guess that's what biscuit gets for irritating the hell out of him all day. When we got home from the vet Casper actually looked happy to see Biscuit and Magnum. He was so glad to be home.

In other news, My cousin Courtney found out yesterday that she is having a boy! She's very excited and said she felt like it was a boy from the beginning. I'm excited to go out and buy little boy clothes. Now I get to buy both girl and boy stuff. My cousin Michael is also having a boy around the same time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for a great check up and for Courtney's little boy. Please send my congrats.

Kelley L.