Sunday, March 23, 2014

2014 Destin Vacation

 
We had such a great time in Destin!  The girls are such good little travelers and loved the beach.  We left at 5 a.m. on Saturday morning and got to Destin at about 3:30 that afternoon.  It was cold and rainy that day and all day the next, but by Monday it was clearing up, sunny and warm! On the rainy days we took the girls to see Peabody and Sherman and then to build a bear, so it was still fun for them! Ava chose Treasure the princess palace pet, and in true Brynn style, she chose a green alligator. We spent most of our time on the beach, but also went on a dolphin cruise on a glass bottom boat.  Brynn loved the boat, Ava did not.  She got a tad sea sick, but luckily we all made it back to shore just fine.  Then the next day we got a kayak and went out in the water.  Again, Brynn loved it, Ava not so much.  Ava used to be our little adventure lover, but she's not a big fan of bodies of water apparently.
 
We were very happy with the little house we rented for the week too.  It was like a home away from home.  In fact, when we pulled into our driveway here at home after 12 hours in the car, Brynn said "heeey I didn't want to come to this house, I wanted to go to our other house at the beach!"  Ava was happy to be home.  She missed her playroom and the dogs.
 


I just love their little swimsuits.  I'm always on a mission to find cute ones, and I think I did good this year :)



Lunch on the patio


My little beauties

No comments: