Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Updates from the Hendrickson Home

Well so much has happened in the last few weeks.  Biscuit attacked me for trying to put her outside to potty and bit the fire out of my hands.  I ended up on antibiotics and am sporting a disgusting black fingernail that I'm just waiting to fall off.  She did manage to bite through my nail though so that relieved the pressure underneath and I didn't have to get a hole drilled in my nail.  I officially dislike that dog and she is now on prozac as a last resort.  The vet said if the prozac doesn't work, our only option is to put her down.  She's literally rendered herself completely useless around here. 


My sweet boy Magnum was not happy when she attacked me and he went after her to put her in her place.  Hims a mama's boy, but also part of the reason Biscuit is such a neurotic freak!

The girls started swim lessons a couple of weeks ago and they both love going.  Brynny is a little ham and loves showing off in the pool.  Ava was really scared to go but now enjoys it.  She's very reluctant to put her face in the water, but her instructor is extremely patient and encouraging.

Ava has had a couple of notes sent home from school about not following directions and talking in class.  I had her parent teacher conference the next day and the teacher said that at first she thought Ava would be the quiet one, but she is a social butterfly (like her mama).  She said she has friends at every table and loves to help the other kids so it's been hard to move her.  I suggested that she move her from the back of the class, to the front of the class with less distractions from the teachers instruction.  So she moved her that day and I had a long discussion with Ava about our expectations of her in class.  She hasn't gotten a note since then...knock on wood.

I'm also very proud of her because she is really picking up her sight words and her teacher said that she's really good at math.  That math just clicks with her and she gets it.  (not like her mama).  Gigi came in town last week to help Steve while I was out of town for work.  She worked a lot with Ava and I was amazed at how much progress they made.  Ava is literally reading sentences of sight words!   My cousin Christine also set me up with some great pointers and websites to use to help her along, so that's been a great help.  Today the school had a book fair and Ava wanted me to go, so I went this morning before work and helped her pick out some books.  It was really cute how proud of me she was and how she wanted to show of her mommy to all of her friends.  I know it won't last and one day I'll be an embarrassment so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.


In other news...Brynny Boo is potty trained!  Again thanks to Gigi's help!  She stayed home with Gigi last week instead of going to school and they worked hard on potty training.  She got a play money $10 bill for each wee wee and then when she accumulated enough money she got goodies from Target.  Although she said she'd rather put the money in her piggy bank (smart girl!).  I use the phrase potty trained lightly because she still doesn't poo poo in the potty that well (opposite of her sister who poo poo'd in the potty first).

Brynny is also really developing a little personality and that girl is a spitfire.  She is hard headed and stubborn for sure, but as sweet and lovable as can be.  For some reason this child will find an ant bed no matter what!  Ava has never and I mean never gotten into an ant bed, but it seems like as soon as Brynn steps outside she's covered in ants.  Her favorite song is Jesus loves me and we have to listen to it every time we get in the car.  She knows all the words and sings along merrily in the back seat.  She is crazy for the kindle, the leap pad and the iPhone.  It's amazing how much a 2 year old can do with technology.  She even figured out how to pull up netflix on my kindle and watch cartoons.  Seriously!

Brynn's favorite color is green.   Anytime Ava picks something out or gets something, Brynn says "I want a green one"  She even picked out green goggles for swim lessons.

No comments: