Saturday, December 31, 2011

Merry Christmas!!!

This was the first year that Ava truly got the whole Christmas, it's Jesus' Birthday and Santa Claus comes and brings presents thing.  On Christmas Eve we made cookies for Santa and Reindeer food for the the Reindeer.  She set out a pile of her cookies and a glass of milk for Santa and sprinkled the reindeer food in the front yard.  The next morning when there were still 3 cookies left (one with a bite in it) and instead of being excited that Santa clearly ate a few of them  she said "Heeeyyy!!!  Santa didn't eat his cookies!"  I guess he was supposed to eat the entire pile of cookies.  Brynn's first Christmas was just precious and she actually got very into it, it's like she sort of got it too...  It was so special to see them enjoy Christmas together as sisters. 

The best gift of all... Gigi was actually able to fly in and spend Christmas with us!  Ava has spent every night up in Gigi's room in bed with Gigi watching Dumbo, The Lion King, "Willy Bonko", and Pigling Bland.  It is just so cute I can't stand it.  Some nights she's slept up there with Gigi, some nights she's come down here and snuggled up with us, but most nights she goes back in her bed and sleeps. 

We have so enjoyed this Christmas and I'm sad to see it go by so fast, here is a small sample of the many pictures we took (or should I say "I" took since I'm not in one single picture this year..grrr)
Come on Cole, get out of there and come play with me..
Playing with Cousin Cody

Santa came!

It was a pink princess kinda Christmas at our house..
Daddy, Gigi and Baby

At Meme's with Aunt Brenda and Cousin Lauren

My sweet Kennedee...
With her great grandfather- Pappa

No comments: