Thursday, August 18, 2011

18 weeks

Brynn of course is still my sweet little Brynny boo.  She has been spending this entire week practicing her roll over.  She's like one of those little bugs that you put on it's back and it instantly flips over on it's stomach.  She still gets frustrated when her arm gets stuck, but she is enjoying her new skill.  She even tries to roll over when I'm changing her diaper.  Whenever Ava see's her roll over she says " Yay! Good job Brynny!"

She's now ready for bed at night by 6:30 so I have to start her bedtime routine earlier now.  We do a bath about 5:45 or 6pm, give her a baby massage (Ava likes to help), get her dressed and then we come in my room and I lay down with her.  After that she goes in her moses basket until about midnight or so when she wakes up.  She likes the moses basket because it's soft and cozy like laying in our bed.  She still gets irate if Steve tries to put her down or if she wakes up and he's in here instead of me.  I'm talking major tears.

Ava helping with our baby massage


all nice and cozy in my moses basket

She usually sleeps until about 8 or 8:30 in the morning.  Ava wakes up about 8 so she comes in and gets in bed with us and we watch cartoons until Brynn wakes up.  I have realized that it's now time to start respecting Byrnn's naps and can't be on the go during her nap time, so we've had to stay home pretty much all day this week.  If she misses her morning nap or doesn't get the nap out it throws our entire day off. 



I love this picture because of Brynn's hair
 Last week we went and met her teachers at the pre-school we have the girls enrolled in.  We loved Ava's teachers and I was really happy with Brynn's teachers.  One of them has been in infant care for over 30 years and they seemed to really know their stuff.  They already had her little high chair, cubby and crib labeled with her name.  I am just so dreading the rough first few days she is going to have.  She is such a mommy's girl.  We are also going to interview a couple of nannies just in case we decide to go that route instead.

No comments: