Monday, July 12, 2010

Angels for Aidan

Here is the website for Aidan McSpadden.

www.angelsforaidan.com

Steve, Emily and I all had the honor of donating blood and joining the Marrow registry for him on Thursday. The Blood registry staff told us that they had TRIPLE the amount of donors than they usually do. I was so happy to hear that. You can follow Aidan’s journey on his parents blog posted on the website. I should not have looked at the pictures at work because seeing him being such a big boy at the hospital while getting his Chemo treatments made me cry at my desk. My heart hurts for him and his parents. Please pray for him and his family as he has a tough journey ahead.

Also if you would like to donate but are afraid of donating Marrow….I bet you didn’t know that it isn’t what you see on TV. Most marrow donations are collected via a regular blood draw from your arm now! They rarely have to do a draw from your back, but if they did they will put you to sleep! All you will have is a sore back for a day or two. The guy from the Marrow registry said it is really hard to find marrow matches L I pray they find one for Aidan.

No comments: