Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Last days at the apartment

Some funny things I thought I should document before moving out of the apartment since our daily routine will change and I’ll forget.

Every morning Ava wakes up around 6:30 or 7 and calls for me “mommy, mommy…mommy night night”

I go in and get her milk out of the fridge and then go in and get her. If one of the dogs happens to run in her room she yells “Git out magna, git out” I take her to my room and lay down with her in my bed for a few minutes of cuddle time before getting ready for work. As soon as she finishes her milk she rolls over and hugs me really tight and will often fall back asleep. Some mornings if she doesn’t fall asleep I put Special Agent OSO on TV and she goes “oso, oso!” Some mornings she specifically requests Super Why or “B why” so I’ll put that in and she gets super excited! She’ll lay in our bed and watch that while I shower.

As soon as I’ve showered and dressed I dress her for the day, fix her hair and then we go into the kitchen for her breakfast. Lately she hasn’t been wanting to sit down and eat but has wanted to eat on the go (probably because we don’t really have a table to sit down and eat and she hates being isolated in her high chair), so I’ll give her a little waffle or French toast stick and off she goes. This morning I giggled because I brought her bananas and waffles to the bed and let her eat while watching super why. It was the funniest thing watching her lay there on her back and reach over to her plate while keeping her eyes glued to TV and grabbing her waffle.

When it’s time to go she tells beeka and magna bye bye and starts telling me all about Lucy the dog upstairs. She wants to carry her own lunch box now so she grabs that and out the door we go. As we walk to the car she says bye bye to everything she sees. Bye bye water, bye bye stairs, bye bye bird, bye bye sushi (lucy). On the way to school we pass this big dirt pile every morning and EVERY day Ava says “Bye bye dirt” as we drive by it. Liz at work said I should take a picture of her friend the dirt pile, since she seems to feel the need to speak to it every morning.

Once we get to school she tells me who everyone’s mommy or daddy is that is bringing them to school. “Cee Cee mommy” “Gil daddy” etc. When we pick her up she runs and hugs us and then runs to her cubby and gets her lunchbox and we get to follow her out. She likes to go down the chair ramp instead of the stairs because she can run. She insists on getting her own lunch box and walking to the car all by herself. She does not need help from us. As we leave she points out the mommies and daddies who are coming to pick up her classmates.

In the evenings we do dinner which she usually picks at and then feeds the dogs, then it’s bath time, a snack and then on to teeth brushing. After a little bath time fun we go in her room and rock and cuddle for a bit before she goes down for the night. She lays in her crib and tells me “Blanket Mommy” so that I’ll remember to cover her up before I leave.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Awww... I love this post. It brought me back to when Audrey was this age. She did a lot of the same things. You will be so glad you documented all of this. It's crazy how quickly you forget everything!