Wednesday, December 23, 2009

So excited for Christmas!

We are so excited for Christmas day this year. We can't wait for Ava to wake up and come see what Santa has brought her. She is going to be one happy little girl this year. Steve and I have such good memories of Christmas day from when we were little. My memaw and Grandaddy always made Christmas day so awesome for me and my aunt Pat. I would wake up before the sun came up and run to the living room and there would always be a ton of presents waiting for me under the tree. I could hardly sleep the night before because I was sooo excited to wake up and see if Santa had come. My most memorable Christmas is the first one I had with Memaw and Grandaddy. I got a bright light and some barbies. I was so excited about the bright light I could hardly stand it. Then as the years went by I remember almost every thing...rainbow bright, my first bike, smurf roller skates, pom poms, cabbage patch dolls, pound puppies etc.

Steve's best Christmas memory is the year his mom and dad or "santa" got him the entire star wars collection with every single star wars character action figure. You can see the joy on his face when he remembers back to that time.

We can't wait to make Christmas special for Ava and get the joy of sharing the fun and excitement with her. We also look forward to the Christmas worship service at church. They have this amazing family service that includes all of the children and wonderful music. We love it and I can't wait.

Miss Ava spent most of the day today playing outside. It's so funny how she hates to have dirt on her hands. If she gets dirt on her hands she runs up to us with her hand out saying "dut, dut" and wants us to wipe it off of her hands. She had so much fun rolling around in the leaves and just enjoying the weather. Yesterday she spent the day at Granddad and Grandmothers in Alvin and had a blast jumping on the trampoline and swinging on the big swing. They were laughing saying Ava was eating everything in sight! She kept running to the fridge wanting more food. Must be hitting a growth spurt!

No comments: