Thursday, September 10, 2009

13 Months

Last Thursday I took Ava to lunch with Sara at Rainforest Cafe. We sat near the tigers and thought she might get a little scared because they roar really loud. She was super happy when we sat her near them in the high chair and said "kitty!" Then the thunder and lightening started and the tigers started roaring. It freaked me out! It was so realistic and Ava just laughed and laughed. She thought it was the best thing ever. Sara took her around after lunch and showed her all of the animals. She is definitely an Animal lover. Afterwards I took her clothes shopping at a few children's stores. She was so tired of being confined that she just wanted to run and be free. Of course she refused to be held or in her stroller and ran straight to the shoes. There she proceeded to take all of the shoes down and throw them on the floor. As I got her away from those she ran to the clothes and started on those. I thought "oh no, I'm one of THOSE moms!" So we very quickly left and she got to run free in the open space instead of ripping through the clothing stores.

Steve and I took her to her very first Astro's game last Friday night. We met our friends Jeremy & Denise and their twin girls Brianna and Sophia (also their 1st game). All babies did great! It was the latest we've ever kept Ava out and she fell asleep on the way home, but she had a blast. Luckily the seats were in the club level so we were able to take her inside and let her run up and down the hall. The twins did great too, not a peep out of them. I think they loved all of the noise. I did get a little worried when Ava saw the girls drinking their bottles. It was the same bottles Ava used and she wanted Brianna's bottle for herself. She said "bot bot" and reached for it. We said "bottles are for babies and you are a big girl now" She seemed to comprehend, but I don't think that changed her mind about wanting the bottle. Luckily she was easy about it and just drank her own milk from her nuby.

No comments: