Monday, July 13, 2009

11 Months, 2 weeks- Let the party planning begin

Well I've started planning Ava's very 1st Birthday party! I'm so excited because I've chosen a theme, ordered the invitations and the cake. Next we need to figure out food and presents! This is so bittersweet for us because this year has gone by so fast. It seems like I just gave birth to her a month ago, but nope it's already been an entire year. What a wonderful blessed year it's been too.

Thursday I took Ava to the kids club at the gym for the very first time. It' s a really nice little child care that watches your kids while you work out. I've been scoping it for a while and it really looked like doodle would have fun. Steve was really worried about her crying but I was the first one there and a few other little kids showed up after us. Ava saw a 3 year old little girl and was instantly fascinated. She toddled right up to her and hugged her. It was so cute. The little girl said "what are you doing you silly baby?" Then she said "daddy that baby doesn't have very many teeth!" too funny. So I put her in the room with a the other children and she was so excited. She squealed and followed the older kids all around. I was a little sad that they didn't want to play with her because she was a baby, but when I went back a little later to check on her she was happily playing with another baby. We were both so surpised that she was happy to be there. She didn't even care when I walked out. She was just like see ya mommy I'm gonna play now.

Her new word this week is "pupem" for puppy. Everytime she sees a dog she points ands says "Pupem" in the sweetest voice. I love it when she's in bed at night and she'll pop up out of the blue and say "pupem" and then lay back down. I LOVE the video monitor! The other night I saw her in there practicing the "more" sign.

Suddenly Ava has sort of attached to one of her new dolls. I had read that when you start the weaning process that babies who weren't previously attached to a transitional object will start. She doesn't carry it around with her all day but she loves it at night. In fact today I gave it to her to play with and she kissed it then walked over to her crib and stretched as tall as she could to get it over the top railing to get it back into the crib. I wonder what was going through her little mind? Every night when I put her in her crib she picks up her dolly hugs it close and then lays down. Sometimes she'll play in the crib for a while and talk to it, shake it around and kiss it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh, that is so sweet about her little dolly. :) Looking forward to celebrating her 1st b-day with you!