Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy! 26 weeks

Friday was Steve's 34th Birthday! Happy Birthday Daddy!

This has been quite an exciting week for our little doodle. She is transitioning to her own crib at night instead of co-sleeping with mommy and daddy. The first night was really rough on me but not as bad on Ava. She did have a look of terror on her face as she cried in her crib, but that only lasted about 30 minutes and off to sleep she was. I cried when I went into our room to get in bed and my little doodle wasn't getting in the bed with me. We decided to transition her slowly and put her down in her crib for the evening and then bring her back with us when she wakes up for her next feeding. Each night has gotten better and better with no tears at all the last two nights and she's done an excellent job of waking up and putting herself back to sleep. Each night she sleeps a little longer by herself. I'm really happy with her progress. One thing we've noticed that she does is that she pulls her entire body up to the bumper and cuddles with it. She'll even have her arm over the top of it like she does with me when we sleep. It's so sweet and so sad for me at the same time. She just wants something soft to cuddle with.

Look at my 2 teeth!

She's also sitting up on her own. I had been sitting her up on her rug anytime we would play in her room so she could learn to balance herself and this week, voila she was doing it all by herself!

In my sweet duds from Aunt Sara

She's scooting across the floor, not quite crawling yet, but she'll scoot and thing raise her hiney in the air like she wants to crawl. I say it's just a matter of days and she'll be crawling.

She's also figured out how to get her walker to zoom all over the place and is zooming all over the house with it. She had been doing it for grandmother for a couple of days and one evening Steve called me at work and said "she's walking in her walker!" I made him video it for me so I could see it for myself. The biggest fear of a working mom, Not being there for her firsts :( I was very sad about that. I know it's not the same as actually walking, but you know what I mean.

Yesterday Steve was working out in the garage and we took Ava out in her walker. She was up and down the driveway and all over the garage. She even scooted up to Steve and pulled on his pant leg. It was too cute!

I've got several fun video's to post but I'm having issues with the website that hosts our videos. Hopefully it'll be up and going again soon.

Peas are poop!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! She's getting to be such a big girl. I'm not real fond of peas either Ava:)

Anonymous said...

peas are gross!