Well I returned to work this week after a beautiful 5 months at home with our precious baby. I was actually excited about getting back to work and wearing nice clothes again. Of course I was depressed at the same time about not being with her every day.

Tuesday Grandmother arrived and when I handed her over to leave, Ava started crying and watching me. This broke my heart and cried on the way to work anticipating another rough day on my baby (and Grandmother). Well Grandmother called at lunch and said that she ony cried for a few minutes and that she went down for her nap and slept almost 2 hours! She did grea
t the rest of the day..took a little more of her bottles and took her regular naps. Wednesday she did even better, eating more, napping longer and all around happy. I know I was relieved and so was Grandmother! Grandmother was sweet enough to take pictures of her throughout the day so we could see what she'd been up to.
W
e've noticed that her baby hair is starting to fall out and she has these little bald spots randomly placed about her head. We are just dying to see what color she ends up with. She must have hit a growth spurt over Christmas because she's suddenly fitting in her 6 month clothes when before Christmas even her 3-6 month clothes were big on her. She can almost sit up by herself, but she'll topple over if you don't help her along. We bought this little mesh teething
gadget that you can put frozen fruit or veggies in and she has really enjoyed that thing. Expecially when we put frozen bananas in it. She can munch on it all she wants without us having worry about her choking. 

The first day was okay on me. I didn't cry, I went to work and got back into the groove of things. It felt like I had never left! Ava did okay in the morning, but Grandmother said she had a really rough afternoon. She didn't nap well all day, barely ate and screamed all afternoon until daddy walked in the door from work. Then she was all smiles and raspberries again. So we all prayed for Tuesday to be better.

Tuesday Grandmother arrived and when I handed her over to leave, Ava started crying and watching me. This broke my heart and cried on the way to work anticipating another rough day on my baby (and Grandmother). Well Grandmother called at lunch and said that she ony cried for a few minutes and that she went down for her nap and slept almost 2 hours! She did grea
t the rest of the day..took a little more of her bottles and took her regular naps. Wednesday she did even better, eating more, napping longer and all around happy. I know I was relieved and so was Grandmother! Grandmother was sweet enough to take pictures of her throughout the day so we could see what she'd been up to.
W
e've noticed that her baby hair is starting to fall out and she has these little bald spots randomly placed about her head. We are just dying to see what color she ends up with. She must have hit a growth spurt over Christmas because she's suddenly fitting in her 6 month clothes when before Christmas even her 3-6 month clothes were big on her. She can almost sit up by herself, but she'll topple over if you don't help her along. We bought this little mesh teething
gadget that you can put frozen fruit or veggies in and she has really enjoyed that thing. Expecially when we put frozen bananas in it. She can munch on it all she wants without us having worry about her choking. 

No comments:
Post a Comment