Friday, September 19, 2008

Ava's Hurrication

So like I said we spent the last week almost with Erin, David and Tyler out in Tomball. Nana also was there most of the time so Ava got lots of attention and mommy got lots of help and good mommy advice from Erin and Nana. Tyler just loved "baby Ava" and she would break out into a big smile whenever he was around or talking to her. One thing we were able to do on our trip was to get Ava to take a few normal naps. Most of the time I'm spending most of my day getting her to take a good nap. What happens is that she falls to sleep in my arms and I put her in her crib or bassinett (even our bed or her snuggle nest). Within 30 mins she's woken herself up and is crying, but she's still tired so as soon as I pick her up she starts dozing off again, and we repeat the process all day long. Sometimes even when I'm holding her she wakes herself up. So at Erin's we were able to get her to take a good 3 hour nap one day and the next. We made sure she had plenty to eat just before her nap and down she went. I was so excited!!! Of course now that we are home she will not nap again. I'm going to go and recreate the room at Erin's house with a very dark room and an oscillating fan and see how she does then. The good news is that she sleeps like a champ at night and will get a good 11-12 hours with a couple of feedings in between. It's just the napping she won't do.
She will still rarely take her paci but we were able to get her to fall asleep without me or while nursing. Woot! Another milestone she hit while we were there is that she learned she has hands and feet and that she can grab something in front of her if she really concentrates on it. She was grabbing the parrot on her bouncy seat and letting it go. Good Girl!!!
We also think she may have a touch of reflux because she has been spitting up excessively. Sometimes I wonder if she's even absorbed any of the feeding she just spit up. I've been trying to watch my dairy intake to see if that helps until her 2 month appointment.

No comments: