Monday, August 11, 2008

2 weeks

I found my thumb!
Me & Mommy
One of my favorite places to sleep

Me & Memaw

Ava's 2nd week got us getting into the groove a little more. Steve went back to work and I had family members come by and help out around the house and with Av, what life savers they are! Also thank you to everyone who has come by with food! It has been such a help since I hardly have time to eat much less cook! Steve is pretty helpless in the kitchen so if it were up to him we'd be eating tuna helper or pasta roni every night.


Ava has been sleeping pretty good at nights only getting up to eat a few times. To me this is great considering the first few nights she didn't sleep a wink! She eats really well and now Steve is able to give her one bottle a day. The first night she was having nothing to do with the bottle and only wanted mommy. She is a total mommies girl right now! I am enjoying every minute of it. During the day when she's up she enjoys sitting in her bouncy chair and her swing. She also loves going on walks. We've been putting her in the stroller and taking her on walks with the dogs in the evenings. We have so enjoyed just watching her and all of the cute little expressions she makes. Sometimes I just watch her while she sleeps in amazement.


Yesterday we went and visited her memaw and papa at my moms house and she got to love on her Memaw for a while. Then when we got home her grandad and grandmother Hendrickson stopped by to visit for a while. We are so excited because Grandmother Hendrickson is going to watch her when I go back to work! We don't have to worry about finding a nanny or leaving her at daycare. We are so relieved and glad she'll be at home with someone who loves her.

No comments: