Tuesday, March 18, 2008

20 Weeks - Definitely a GIRL!

Friday Steve and I went in for our big ultrasound and it was so exciting! Steve got a kick out of seeing her kick me on the ultrasound. It was so fun because he would see it and I would feel it at the same time. All is perfect so far, I had no blood clots to be seen, the baby was doing great and moving around so much. She had the hiccups too so her head kept jerking up and down. Most of the pictures came out fuzzy because she was such a little dancer in there.

The technician had a tough time getting to see her lips (to check for cleft palate) because she had her arm covering her face for the longest time. They checked her heart and we got to see all 4 chambers. They checked her brain, spinal cord, kidneys, stomach and umbilical cord and all checked out perfectly. Then they checked her limbs and measured everything. The technician commented on how long the baby's legs were (wonder where she gets that from?) Then she showed us the little girl parts and we were not at all surprised!

I have been feeling lots of movement especially after I eat. Steve got to feel one of her kicks last night for the first time. Usually she stops when I call him over to feel it. We can not believe we are already half way through! She is measuring right on target with her due date.

Here is her little head and you might be able to see her arm laying on top of her face:


Here you can see the bottom of her legs, her bum (on the left) and it's a girl!


A very fuzzy shot of the bottoms of her feet:

2 comments:

Julie said...

Yay! So glad baby girl is measuring perfect! I have some baby girl clothes for you!

Any progress on the name yet?? :)

Anonymous said...

So glad she's growing so well...we'll keep praying for your healthy little sweetheart!
Hugs-
Andrea, Laney & Chip