Monday, July 2, 2007

It's official...I'm an adult!

Yep that's right I turned the big 3-0 on Friday. My Aunt Gloria and Aunt Bonnie both called and wished me a happy birthday and said it made them feel old that I was actually 30 now. My Aunt Gloria actually said she cried all day on the day she turned 30. I told her I have not gotten to that point yet. I still have too many things to accomplish (like having babies) to feel too old yet. And just to prove the pressure is on..I got the following e-mail from my 9 year old niece Kennedee today:

Subject: Babys

hey its kennedee i was just wondering if you are pregnant yet.
can you e-mail me back as soon as possible.
love you bunches and tell uncle steve i said hi.
hugs and kisses xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

love, kennedee

I will admit that I did go out and stock up on eye cream and firming lotion! I have also resigned to the fact that I will actually have to work to keep my butt in the same place as it was in my 20's. I hate the gym, but I know I will have to build a stronger relationship with the elliptical machine and the leg press. My dad also called and said he felt REALLY old now.

Anyway my great husband planned a little get together for me at The Tasting Room on Saturday night to celebrate. I was not in the mood to go out bar hopping or do any of that crazy stuff you do in your 20's! haha. I had all of my good friends and most of my cousin's there to celebrate with me. Here are a few pictures from the event:










No comments: